Forum archive, 2010 to 2011, read only. 2ezclan.net Join our Discord

Euclidnopus's application

Started by euclidnopus on January 25, 2011 in Application. 11 replies, 114 views.

Euclidnopus's application

psn : Euclidnopus
Mic: Yes

Strengths: Team DM, FFA, Groundwar, domination, demolition,. Used to be decent at team tactical, been a while since though
Experience: Started on MW2, loved it went back and played through all of them. I am unsure if this apply but im well versed in small unit combat tactics. Rarely use my claymore, rarely use nades, use tomahawk though.
Playing Style: Runner, keep trying to flank. Keep a light load out, MPL dual mag, sella-3 or Rpgs, Hard line pro, slight of hand pro, hacker. |
Leadership experience: Was professors assistant helped teach an economics class using data pulled from the EVE-Online auction house. Also elected to represent the track team once a month as part of a student athlete leadership athlete program. Ran 2 coperations in eve out in 0.0 space, also was an officer/main tank for my wow guild (dont play any more)
About me: 24 years old, Navy recruit going the spec ops route. Graduated at hardin simmons univeristy with a degree in economics, also played 4 years college football and 2 college track and field played middle linebacker and shotput discus, hammer and javelin respectively even placed in all events at the conference meet, currently studying martial arts Krav Maga and BJJ .


How did you find out about us?: I created this clan with the help of Gorilla_Crew and bigblue1575.
Googling clans.

Re: Euclidnopus's application

Nice app sir. Looks like your a real grade A badass :). Add me can play some pubs. xblaCksheep_ Btw you made this clan? Sweet!!!! Haha I'm jp.

Re: Euclidnopus's application

Lol forgotn copy and paste deletion. But nice app! Add MemfisxExecute, ToHellWithYou, SquatingCoyote, and myself xXllDeMoNiCllXx to get ur try out started. Btw the lines in my name are L's

Re: Euclidnopus's application

xblaCksheep_ wrote:Btw you made this clan? Sweet!!!! Haha I'm jp.
Ha! Wow dont i feel like a cool kid now. Oh well, ill blame it on being way late at night.
What time are yall typically on?

Re: Euclidnopus's application

Nah man it's cool. I was just teasing you. Well all times of the day but I would say most of us from 5pm-11pm east time. For me though I'm usually on alot later. :) Just make sure you add who Demonic told you to add and yor try out will begin soon.

Re: Euclidnopus's application

copy fail :p

Re: Euclidnopus's application

All around below average player. Before you apply to another clan make sure you read the terms of their application. If the terms are "highly skilled", then don't bother applying. Fail.

Re: Euclidnopus's application

Skill is a relative term. Obviously having not played anything hardcore, never playing Search and destroy is never going to end well. If yall had the game types you primarily play im pretty sure you get some folk that would of them to filter them selves out. I would probably not had applied assuming I knew the game types beforehand seeing yall picked.Either way next time you have a go round play more then 2 games before a summary rejection.
Summarise, if you want better applicants and you only play the whatever it was search and destroy, its probably an idiotic idea for try someone out on a game not listed as a strong event. Be specific about what games your recruiting for. and drop the dime store simon cowell act.

Re: Euclidnopus's application

euclidnopus wrote:Skill is a relative term. Obviously having not played anything hardcore, never playing Search and destroy is never going to end well. If yall had the game types you primarily play im pretty sure you get some folk that would of them to filter them selves out. I would probably not had applied assuming I knew the game types beforehand seeing yall picked.Either way next time you have a go round play more then 2 games before a summary rejection.
Summarise, if you want better applicants and you only play the whatever it was search and destroy, its probably an idiotic idea for try someone out on a game not listed as a strong event. Be specific about what games your recruiting for. and drop the dime store simon cowell act.
alright, what do you play then

Re: Euclidnopus's application

Skill is a relative term that derives competence. If you do not know how to adapt to different game modes and situations then you are useless to us. I may have decided hastily on your application, but generally anyone who can not get 5 kills on me before I reach 30 on them in a 1v1 and goes negative in search and destroy by 5 kills... is terrible. I'm tired of applicants that miss the part about being skilled at this game. However, if the other 2ez members want to waste their time and give you a shot, then by all means.

Re: Euclidnopus's application

. Okay, that's a fair objective assessment. Your correct, if you cannot adapt your useless. I apologize for lashing out at you and representing myself poorly, it was uncalled for and undeserved.Thank you for taking the time you did to process the application and I wish you all the best of success in the future.

If i could make a suggestion that may help clear out some scrubs from the recruiting process, I imagine trying out people who clearly wont make it is a huge pain in the ass. You may want to develop a gatekeeper system and included it on pages where you advertise recruitment . Gatekeepers are just stuff that force applicants to exclude themselves. Take the special operations pt test i had to pass to be considered for a rescue swimmer contract.
500 meter side stroke <10min
100+ pushups in 2 min
100+ situps in 2 min
12+ pull ups in 2 min
1.5 mile run < 10:30 in pants and boots
Just passing that doesnt garuntee a contract you are expected to exceede it. At my NRS station we have about 40 recruits reporting. I know 12 of them who wanted to be a SEAL untill they saw the fitness test, out of the 40 2 people (would be in your case skilled applicants) saw what was expected of them knew they had the chops to pass and went and did it. All the others eithernever bothered to apply for it because it looked daunting or left the NSW group after a few days because training for the test was to them to difficult (its pretty nasty, hour in the pool, 3-6 miles running, weight room for an hour core for about an hour. 4 hours a day 4 days a week plus martial arts) ect..

So, hers my suggestion, list the games you guys typically play along with an expected result from the applicant while stating that theis are the minimum scores needed have a chance at being able to hang with your clan. To be considered serious they are expected to far exceede the minimums to be competitive for a spot in your clan, meeting minimums doesnt guarantee a spot final approval obviously would reside with you or... however you initiate members
Like this (numbers pulled directly out of my ass here)
Game expected minimum average K/D or Score
TDM 4.00 kd
S&D +5 or min score of 3000
Dom 2000

Just whatever, set the bar as high as you want with out being unrealistic. I wouldnt have applied if i had seen something like that, it will definatly scare off at least SOME of the scrub applicants you have to wade through.

Again Memfis, sorry for being a dick. Shoot straight shoot fast, see yall around

Re: Euclidnopus's application

Nice post sir. I dont think Memphis was trying to be a total asshole. Typically all competitive clans play strategy game modes like search and destroy, demolition, domination, ect. I don't remember the last time I played TDM except when it ends up being on Team Tactical. 2ez is hardcore clan full of skillful players only. If I personally have bothered you in anyway I am sorry. I can't speak for anyone else here but I don't think anyone else here tried to be a total ass. Memphis is just tired of wasting his time trying out players who suck total ass. Not saying you do, havent played with you. As a truely skillful player it shouldnt matter what you play though. You should be good. Thanks for coming to the 2ez forum. See you around sir.

Back to Application