Forum archive, 2010 to 2011, read only. 2ezclan.net Join our Discord

MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

Started by YourSix on May 31, 2011 in General Discussion. 19 replies, 159 views.

MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2011 ... -detailed/

What crap. Nothing pisses me off more than a company throwing out games every single year with the same but remodeled poop. Sure it is fun to play but to the point of paying a monthly subscription fee? You can count me out on that one. I can completely understand for MMO's but this is just sad.

It was stated that MW3 is going to be "the same out of the box like the other call of duty games, but if you pay for the elite service you will get premium features".

That basically means you get a remodeled MW2 (really a remodeled MW1), for 60$ and excluding the additional map packs down the road obviously which will come. But you will not get any new features the game was created for unless you pay up to 8$ is the rumored price floating around a month!.

If you add that all up in a year of time before the next Call of Duty rolls out you will be paying $60 for the game, $30 dollars for two map packs, and $96 for the year of subscription fees.

If that turns you on and makes you want to spend your money then go for it. I for one would rather spend that money on a sexy stripper for the night.

I guess this is me saying I will not be getting Call of Duty MW3. I will still play previous versions of Call of Duty because I do not have to pay anything else for them. I will be on Battlefield 3.

Obviously I take all this back if this is just a flat out lie or something that was not fully implemented into their plans for the game. Or if they back peddle and take it out completely or if they offer DEDICATED SERVERS instead of the crap P2P we play on currently. Call of Duty is just not worth the money to me at all.

If they reveal a ton more at E3 my perspective may be different but at the same time if BF3 comes out with just as big of a punch my mind is made up at that point.

How do you feel about it?

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

YourSix wrote:If that turns you on and makes you want to spend your money then go for it. I for one would rather spend that money on a sexy stripper for the night.
your girlfriend can see this you know :roll:

oh and if you subscribe you get the map packs free for one year

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

Still $150 in a year of one call of duty game.

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

YourSix wrote:Still $150 in a year of one call of duty game.
yeah not worth it

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

Well cods gonna lose a good chunk of fans from this stunt

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

Daire666 wrote:Well cods gonna lose a good chunk of fans from this stunt
BF3 announced they are doing the same exact thing plus some more for a monthly fee of 0$

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

I dont mind paying. $150 for MW3 > any other 1st person shooter for $60. at the end of the day COD can afford to make people pay this. everyone in this clan will get mw3 except u 6. as i agree with it being bullshit it is what it is.

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

well said my man.

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

Our home page says: "2ez Clan is a Playstation 3, Call Of Duty veteran clan consisting of a handful of highly skilled players." You got into this clan because you played CoD, don't leave because the game has some flaws. You aren't going to find a perfect game. Battlefield is GOING to have bad connection and vehicle whoring they always have, I have purchased every Battlefield game from 1942 to BFBC2.

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

Your right I won't find a perfect game. EA drops its games faster than CoD does. But taking advantage of something that another company is doing for free is just crap. I never said I wasn't going to stop playing CoD. I just most likely will be skipping this title. Depends on what they offer. Just watched the E3 previews and I am not convinced to spend the extra monthly money or get maps... just play the out of the box multiplayer. If this post came across as me saying I am leaving 2ez because I disagree with monthly charges you got the wrong point of view from it or I just came at it in the wrong way. I just refuse to pay monthly.

Forgot to add that CoD makes games for casuals... charging them monthly fees is just funny to me.

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

what do you mean casual? its a competitive game. probably one of the largest competitive franchises.

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

Forget about it there is NO point in arguing opinions.

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

yea really i could care less i play cod cause its fun and if there puttin more stuff in that you gotta pay for than its fine with me it doesnt matter we dont have to pay for psn so its jus like havin live i preordered mine yesterday and bfbc3!

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

Its not an opinion I am comparing two great games coming out and it is obvious one is going to be better than the other. And this time it is BF3. BFBC2 was alright but CoD at the time was better, now because of Activision releasing Its 4th!!!! game in a row using the same exact graphic engine... (graphics are not better) EA is going to be taking its spot light this time around.

That is all I am trying to get at. My first post was a rage the minute it was announced as truth that they would release their game and charge people a fee for something that should already be included in the $60 you are throwing down at the store.

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

they both suck

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

*post*

Happy Six?

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

yes thank you

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

FREEEEE

Access Elite through the web as well as Elite's free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets
Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends
Track and share thousands of stats with friends - k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics
Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries - who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance - where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more
Analyze your weapons performance - which weapons you are best with in which situations
Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
After you analyze your performance to your heart's content - Customize your loadout - search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button
Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against - find people who make the game the most fun for you - TDM, Lakers' fans, Weekend Warriors?
Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition
Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.
Start tracking your Call of Duty career — everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

PLEASE GOD TELL ME YOU DIDNT TYPE ALL THAT

Re: MW3 confirms charges for Premium Services

i did not

Back to General Discussion